Sunday, August 29, 2010

treasures.

Once again, I'm blogging when I should be sleeping. Considering blogging has become probably one of my favorite things to do when I want to reflect on my life and whats happening in it, it is necessary that I write whenever time permits.

Speaking of time permitting, this week/weekend I haven't obtained much. My first week of classes involved three 4-page papers, one 2-3 page paper, and the reading of a children's novel. Sounds fun right? You guessed it...YES! The joy of all this is that, one- this is my last semester of classes, and two- this is actual information and knowledge that I will need to obtain for the rest of my career. As I sit in class after class, crazy professor after crazy professor, I soak up every word my professors are spewing out. It's vital information. Considering most of my professors have their doctorate and multiple degrees, I've realized that I can learn from the masters. The same with my cooperating teacher, Mrs. Young. Mrs. Young has her masters degree, is National Board Certified, and is 2010 Teacher of the Year. What a great opportunity I have in my hands, and daily I thank Jesus that I have this opportunity to learn from the best of the best. By the way, as a follow up from my last post, my assigned student teaching classroom is awesome. The students are so sweet and smart. I couldn't have asked for any better.

For all you teachers, future teachers, or individuals working with children, you have an awesome opportunity. The greatest thing about a child is their constant growing mind. As you work with the child/children whom you are responsible, find it a joy. Find it a joy that you can influence their lives forever, or get their little minds thinking. Find it a joy that you have a chance to show them something completely new, that their little eyes have never seen. Find it a joy that you may be keeping them from a negative home environment, where attention is not given. Every child is entitled someone who cares for them. You may be that only person. So when days get long and feet get tired, don't give up.

Favorites this week:
-CSU rave-
-time spent with friends-
-Sonic Happy Hour-
-Starbucks Mocha ice cream-
-organization-
-freshman move in-
-koozies-
-CSU womens soccer game-
-photography-
-Love Awakening-
-my planner-

No comments:

Post a Comment