Sunday, May 9, 2010

Love never fails.

So,

i'm engaged!!!


Me and Jordan had been dating for 5 years, and now I can finally call him my fiance. I am the typical girl who dreams of her wedding. For the past couple of years, I have been collecting wedding magazines and looking at photography websites, wondering what my wedding will be like. It's just crazy that I can actually start planning mine, for real this time!

Our love story began May 3rd, 2005. I would say we are the type of couple that has grown and matured together through the years. Individually we have been through many struggles, and together we have learned many lessons. Whether it has been football injuries, loneliness from friends and family from home, the struggles of finding GOOD friends, major decisions for our future, family problems, and the other events of life, we have stuck together like glue. Who would have known that one day on a trampoline, chatting with his sister, would have changed the rest of my life?! I am oober excited to see what God has in store for our lives. We both know that He has called us to something extravagant!

How'd it all go down, you're wondering??
Well... our 5th year anniversary was this past Monday (May 5th). He had told me that something was planned for Tuesday but wouldn't tell me what. So, Tuesday night I get all dolled up, excited that I get to spend some time to celebrate our relationship, and we end up in the parking lot of Spiritline Cruises. Bahama cruise you're thinking, nope- a popular Charleston dinner cruise line. I got totally excited as we boarded the small ship to embark on an adventure around the Charleston coastline. After we waited for everyone to board (approx. 30 min), we ordered our dinner. The third floor of the boat was open-air, with an awning, where you could get a better look at the water and scenery. After the waitress invited us to visit the top floor, Jordan insisted on us going. When we got up there, it was just us, and we just chatted for a few minutes before it got sappy. He began his "proposal speech" and knelt down on one knee, before popping the big question! "Will you marry me?" And, of course, I said YES! This was the day that I had waited a lifetime for! For the rest of the night, all we could do was think about our future and be excited- and Jordan was happy to get that ring off his hands. The rest of our cruise, which lasted from 7-10pm, included scrumptious dessert, a beautiful rainbow, the beautiful night view of the Cooper River Bridge, and a boat ride under the stars. After docking, the phone calls and congrats began. The entire night was absolutely perfect. I could not have asked for anything better. Here are some pictures from the night:


Stay tuned into my blog to follow the planning and preparation for our big day! <3>

4 comments:

  1. love this!! one day you are going to look back on all this and love that you kept it all in writing :)

    so excited for you chelsea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already told you both this but I am so excited for yall! I am so glad that you don't have to have the 'itch' anymore, Chels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are totally beautiful together. good luck. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I am so happy for you guys! You two are such a beautiful couple !

    ReplyDelete