Monday, May 28, 2012

Sunshine and...

It's the last week of school!!! Happy. Dance.
The end of the school-year brings much...
sunshine
summer
vacation
sleeping in
grilling out
beach and pool
shorts
flip-flops
... and wondering if you made your mark...

Don't worry friends, I'm probably more excited for school to be out than most parents, considering all of the things listed above.  On the flip side, I've found myself wondering if I have "made my mark" on these students' lives.  All luxury aside, it's what counts the most.  We have had some super busy last weeks of school and I've strived to enjoy being with my students as much as possible.  They are why I am alive.  They are my calling.  And, I don't want to be a hinderance to any thing that God has for them.  I pray that I have made an impact on these students in more ways than one, and that most of all, they have seen the love of Jesus.  He is what counts.  Love is what counts.  

The more I am around middle school students, the more I realize how the world is giving itself over to the enemy.  Not something a teacher wants to see.  Especially since the teaching profession focuses on the future and how to train students for the future.  The great opportunity that I have as a Christian education teacher is that I am able to, not only try to be a positive role model for children, but also talk about Jesus and encourage them to live a life that is pleasing to Jesus.  I love to talk to my students about Jesus and hear their experiences and knowledge about a holy God.  It's powerful folks.  Please don't be fooled.. students in private, Christian schools don't have it all together, living a "perfect" life.  More than less of my students this year come from broken homes, abusive homes, adoption and abandonment.  My hope is that I have completed the task that God gave me for every single one of them as I took the responsibility to be their leader this year.

One of the many fun things we have been doing recently was a dinner theatre! I was also a part of the play and played the role of "Mom".  It was set in the 50s with a diner theme.  The name of the play was called "Uncle Phil's Diner".  Super cute.  Super fun.  Some if the action was caught below:

A nerd and a class president nominee!
Two cheerleaders and the mom ;)
Her prom date stood her up!

My kitchen staff, dancing husband :)
Priceless!! Beauty school drop-out!
Whole cast! So cute!
She's been waiting for her prom date for 7 years!
"Hostess with the mostest" :)
Uncle Phil and Tony
Cute nerds!
And that's a wrap folks.  Here's to sweet students, middle school madness, and one tolerant teacher!

Happy summer!
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment